What: Youth Mental Health First Aid
RSVP by December 1, 2020
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training -- like regular First Aid or CPR -- designed to give people the skills to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The course uses role-playing and simulations to demonstrate how to recognize and respond to the warning signs of specific illnesses.
Community Mental Health for Central Michigan is proud to announce that the following MHFA courses are available for instruction throughout the CMHCM six county service area:
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based education program that is now being offered in 20 countries. Mental Health First Aid demystifies menal illness and gives participants the capacity to obtain, process, and understand the health information and the services needed to make appropriate decisions and seek care.
The program teaches people how to assess a situation, select and implement appropriate interventions, and help a person in crisis or developing the signs and symptoms of mental illness.
Learn more about Mental Health First Aid here.
Mental Health First Aid programs are interactive sessions which run 8 hours and present an overview of mental illness and substance use disorders in the U.S. The program may be offered in one day or two 4 hour sessions.
To help me understand I am not a bad person I have obtained a better understanding of myself.
- COVID-19 Info
- FREE short term therapy
- CMHCM Reopening Plan
- MSHN COVID-19 Provider Resources
- COVID-19 Daily Symptoms Log
- COVID-19 FAQ for Provider Network
- MSHN Information For Providers
- Criteria for Return to Work for Healthcare Personnel with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 (Interim Guidance)
- MSHN Information - What Consumers Need to Know
- COVID-19 Stabilization Payment Request Form
- About Us
- COVID-19 Consumer Information
- Provider Applications
- FY21 Provider Handbook
- Self-Determination/Choice Voucher Resources
- Policies and Procedures/Provider Network Manual
- Contract Provider Forms
- Person-Centered Plan and Self-Determination Training
- Provider Choice Listing
- Provider Performance
- Recipient Rights Training
- Relias Learning
- HCBS Resources
- Mental Health & Wellness
- My Strength