Self-Determination / Choice Voucher Resources
Listed below are resources for choice voucher participants and staff. Each of the trainings are to be read by staff and signed indicating that they have read and understand the training material. Once completed the signed training documents must be sent to the fiscal intermediary who will maintain a training record for each staff.
Choice Voucher Agreement Forms
Self Determination Agreement - For Adults
Choice Voucher Agreement - For Children
Self-Determination and Choice Voucher Handbook for Consumers
Authorization for Recipient Rights Check
Purchase of Service Agreement
Self Determination Provider Agreement (Adults)
Medicaid Provider Assurance (Children)
Self-Determination Implementation Technical Advisory
Choice Voucher System for Children
CMHCM Self-Determination Policy (2.300.003)
GT Independence - 1.877.659.4500
Stuart Wilson, CPA, PC - 989.832.5400
The Arc of Central Michigan
P.O. Box 171
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan 48804-0171
Click here for facilitators.
Click here for more information
Family and Children’s Services of Mid-Michigan
Staff Training Topics
- Recipient Rights - required initially
You must complete an online “Rights of Recipients of Mental Health Services” training provided by Community Mental Health for Central Michigan. This training must be completed within 30 days of beginning employment.
- Sensitivity Training: Hearing Loss - Required Initially within 90 days
- Trauma Informed Care Training: Required Initially within 90 days
- Recipient Rights Refresher Training - Required annually
- Person-Centered Plan Training and Training Verification - Required initially and annually
- CORPORATE COMPLIANCE, ETHICS, & DEFICIT REDUCTION ACT TRAINING - Required initially and annually
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) - Required initially and annually
- Limited English Proficiency - Required initially and annually
- Cultural Competence/Diversity - Required initially and annually
- First Aid Training & CPR Training
*Required every 2 years. All providers must complete First Aid.
Residential Providers must complete CPR and First Aid
- Infection Control/Blood Borne Pathogens - Required initially and annually
- Safety and Fire Prevention - Required initially and annually
- Basic Medication Administration
*Required initially within 90 days for Residential providers.
*Required if recommended in individual’s PCP for Choice Voucher Agreements and staff providing Community living Supports (CLS).
- Positive Approaches/Challenging Behaviors/Non-Aversive Techniques & Crisis Intervention
*Required initially within 90 days for Residential providers. *Required if recommended in individual’s PCP for Choice Voucher Agreements and staff providing Community living Supports (CLS).