Substance Use Disorder

CMHCM provides a comprehensive array of services for people with a co-occurring disorder. Eligibility for services requires that an individual has both a serious mental illness as well as a substance use disorder. The best practice model for treatment of both disorders is a comprehensive, continuous, integrated system of care. Staff providing services have expertise and competencies in both disorders and are able to treat the whole person, over time, regardless of their treatment adherence or level of substance use.

The most intensive interventions are delivered by a team. The Integrated Dually Diagnosed Treatment teams (IDDT) exist in all counties and may be connected to Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team. Services offered by the IDDT teams include stage matched interventions designed to meet the recipient where they are in their recovery from their mental illness and their substance use.

For individuals that do not have a co-occurring disorder or where an individual’s substance use is primary, you have several options for your treatment needs including searching through substance use disorder (SUD) providers within MidState Health Network by clicking here and calling the substance abuse detox and residential centers directly.  If you need any additional assistance with linking with a provider, please call 989-772-5938 and speak with the CMIT team.    

Access, Assessment and Referral (AAR) determines the need for substance use disorder services and will assist you in getting to the right services and providers.

Intensive Outpatient (IOP) is a service that provides more frequent and longer counseling sessions each week and may include day or evening programs.

Methadone and LAAM Treatment is provided to people who have heroin or other opiate dependence. The treatment consists of opiate substitution monitored by a doctor as well as nursing services and lab tests. This treatment is usually provided along with other substance abuse outpatient treatment.

Sub-Acute Detoxification is medical care in a residential setting for people who are withdrawing from alcohol or other drugs.

If you receive Medicaid, you may be entitled to other medical services not listed above. Services necessary to maintain your physical health are provided or ordered by your primary care physician. If you receive Community Mental Health services, your local Community Mental Health services program will work with your primary care physician to coordinate your physical and mental health services. If you do not have a primary care doctor, your local Community Mental Health services program will help you find one.

"Sara H. and Ferren will forever be in my heart as they helped me navigate the worst time of my life."
-Gladwin County